|This article is need of clean-up. You can help out our Wikia by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.|
- "It is said that the Magic of Fire, Water, or even Earth is the strongest magic. They are wrong. The Magic of Air surpasses all others."
- — Witch of Endor upon Sophie's Training
Air magic is one of the four main elemental magics, along with Fire, Earth, and Water magic. Masters of air are capable of creating and manipulating air and winds using auric energy to incredible effect. Mastering air magic typically takes lifetimes of study, however those who have are among the most powerful wielders of magic in the Myriad Shadowrealms. In addition to wielding massive destructive power, air magic can be used for the power of flight and to control the weather.
The Witch of Endor trains Sophie Newman in air magic. The magic is immediately useful for fending off Dee's undead army in Ojai - Sophie summons tornadoes to try and blow the skeletal attackers away, though she becomes too tired to control the twisters before the army is destroyed.
Immediately after arriving in Paris, Nicholas, Josh, Sophie, and Scathach are surrounded by the French Police. To escape, Sophie uses air magic to generate a fog when trying to create a distraction police in, allowing their escape. Air magic is again useful when fighting a gargoyle army created by Dee and Machiavelli: Sophie, enhanced by the strength of her brother's aura, combines Air and Fire magic to rapidly heat and cool the stone creatures, shattering them.
Powers & Abilities
Masters of air can manipulate the substance in many ways, including:
Master of Air
- Aeromancy: Masters of air can greatly compress and decompress air. Air can be manipulated to form tornadoes, walls, and shields. Highly pressurized air can be shaped into blades, orbs, blasts, and explosions.
- Exnomophis: Masters of air can alter the balance of the components that make up air.
- Flight: Masters of air can fly by manipulating air currents.
- Manipulation of Weather: Masters of air can create powerful tornadoes, hurricanes, twisters, whirlwinds etc.
- Thermokinesis: Masters of air can change the temperature of air, either freezing it or heating it to extreme temperatures.
- Typhokinesis: Masters of air can manipulate air particulates, such as smoke, mist, and clouds.
Masters of Air
Main article: Category:Masters of air
- When Sophie was being trained in Air Magic, she was wrapped in mummy bandages made of wind by the Witch of Endor. It is unknown if this is because it was part of the training or The Witch passing on all her knowledge to Sophie.
|Auras • Awakening • Fading • Spontaneous combustion|
|Magical Disciplines and Arts|
|Alchemy • Necromancy • Sorcery • Scrying|
|Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Time|